Bill

Joseph wrote:
"Bill" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a furnace

Model# Serial# may be of help.

Joseph, thanks for your input on this. The furnace is a Trane XV80,
TUD100R9U5K; Z291YLRIG

The flame sensor does exactly what you would think it does. It

senses
current rectification through the flame to ground. The control

module looks
for that current after it opens the main valve. If it is not there

then the
system goes into lock out. Each unit is a little different but the

basics
are the same for all.

Is the current in the sensor all of the time, or only after the valve
opens?

Is the guy working on it the one that installed it? You might

want to
call the Mfg and explain the situation to them and see if they can

remedy
the problem. It's hard to tell what other possible solutions there

may be
w/o being able to put my hands on it, I can only make a WAG. This

may be a
bad Molex plug, wire connector slowly deteriorating, piece of debris

in gas
line... etc...

Yes, the same folks that installed it are the ones trying to repair it.
What is a Molex plug?

Thanks.

Bill