Gordon Henderson

In article ,
Tony Bryer wrote:
In article , Newshound wrote:
You make silicone greases from a mixture of shorter and
longer chain silicone molecules.They are biologically inert
so are good for lubricating plastic fittings (such as
drinking water joints, taps).

Just what I need - is there a trade name. Until I read your post I
sort of assumed that grease was grease.

The trade name would be: silcone grease...

You can get silicone grease from lots of places. Universally used
in diving equipment (where there is no contact with high pressure
oxygen). Although it seems to be extortionately priced.

I have a small tub of "Hi Tack" silicone which is good for keeping and
O rings in-place (and lubricating) push-fit pipe fittings, etc. (Which
I think I got from BES)

Check stuff like:

Spray:
1Kg tub for £71.49 (told you it was extortionate)
http://subaqua-products.co.uk/
you'll need to search for it though, their sites isn't that good.

Actually, compared to the O2 compatable "grease" we use, it's not that
bad... (£26 for a 28g syringe)

http://rswww.com/ RS have "plumba grease", 423-7155, £3.83 for a small
tube. Suitable for potable water systems.

Enjoy!

Gordon