dociscool

As the other poster mentioned, you're much better off just buying a new roof
antenna and replacing the outside coax. Use the existing roof mount and
internal wiring if it's known good. Just about all modern TVs with on screen
tuning have weak receivers really meant for cable or satellite only. The
best OTA reception you'll get out of a modern TV using even the most
expensive amplified rabbit ears is around 15 to 20 miles. You'll spend the
same money trying to find a better TV that probably won't receive much
better than what you have right now. Or...look in the flea markets for a
high qualtiy TV from the 70s like a Zenith, Sylvania, or Quasar as those
will usually pick up all of the regional stations just fine with rabbit
ears. They were really built for long range OTA reception in mind.

"PScooter63" wrote in message
ups.com...

I want to buy a new TV for my mom, who refuses to invest in even basic
cable. Her reception's pretty bad on the sets she has now, 'cause she
also won't allow the rooftop antenna to be renovated.