Edwin Pawlowski

"Fr@nk" wrote in message
news:yGJPd.87129$Tf5.60489@lakeread03...
Hey; I have a couple-year-old Sharp Carousel R1480 microwave. Yesterday
the
door wouldn't latch (closed), so the interior light stays on, and of
course,
I can't use the oven. Anyone know if this is a simple repair? Anything I
can
try (like sticking something into the hinge receptacle openings to trigger
something)? I didn't see any easy way of opening the thing up to look at
the
latching mechanism inside the main unit. By the way, it's an
over-the-range
type; not a standalone. Any help here? Thanks.

Can't see it from here so no miracle cures. See if anything is sticking,
like the catch that holds the door closed. It may have pushed down and
stayed. Could be a broken spring, could be some gunk go into it. Could be
the lever you push to open the door did not return. Could be the part on
the door that hold it is broken.