Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
top gear wrote:
If this is the case, do Slick supply a warranty?

I ran a car from new up to 110,000 miles and did what I suggested to the
group.

So one swallow makes a summer?

A automotive design engineer suggested the Mobil 1 in the g/box and
Slick 50. He said the Slick 50 g/box treatment is worth it as in puts a
slippery film around the metal parts.

'An automotive design engineer'. You're not IMM, are you? All lubricants
put a slippery film round parts - it's their purpose in life.

It mixes fine with the Mobil 1 oil
with no adverse affects.

Have you asked Mobile about this? If Slick 50 is so wonderful, why not use
it alone in the 'box?

Do a Google and you will find that people who put this stuff into
g/boxes with wet clutches have had clutch slip.

Do a Google and you'll find people who think it cures world malnutrition.

The engine stuff he was not keen on at all.

Perhaps he designed engines and not gearboxes?

I sold the car to a relative and suggested carrying on from where I left
off. He has and is now up to around 160,000 miles. The car still sounds
newish, except some belts squeak at bit. His driving is predominantly
stop start around town, short runs.

I'd suggest he learns about servicing. Belts squeak because they're
slipping. And need replacing or adjusting.

--
*Some days you're the dog, some days the hydrant.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.