Mark

The Natural Philosopher typed:

Mark wrote:

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 21:27:33 +0000 (UTC), "Rick Hughes"
wrote:

"Mark" wrote in message

Hi

I have a 10 year old Ford Escort with 92,000 miles on the clock.
It's served me well but I need to get another 12 months/15,000
miles out of it before I replace it. Over the last 10,000 miles
the gearbox has started to whine, nothing major but the frequency
is particularly annoying, especially at motorway speeds. Is there
any additive that would make an improvement or have I got to live
with it? A friend suggested "molyslip", anyone tried this?
Thanks

Try a heavier oil in the box

OK, so how do I get the old oil out? There's no drain plug on this
model???

siphon?

Tropical fish shops, do a siphon thing for cleaning out tanks.
It's a Fiat designed gearbox, what do you expect ;-(

--
ano Mark