Winged Cat

wrote in message . com...
(Winged Cat) wrote in message om...
"petek" wrote in message roups.com...

I do not think turning down the main stopcock is a sensible solution.

Can you explain why this is not a sensible solution? I was only going
to try half a turn at atime until the banging stops.

Well if you want a proper solution to the problem you really want to
work out what is directly causing the banging and then rectify that.
Turning the stopcock down MAY reduce or disguise the problem, but you
might open yourself up to other annoying plumbing phenomena, such as
not being able to have a shower whilst someone else is running the tap
at the kitchen sink without being burnt alive or starved of water.