Leon

"Mike Reed" wrote in message
oups.com...
I don't know why I'm gratifying your sarcasm, but I've shot 5000
framing nails in a single project. I've shot 2000 15 guage finish nails
doing trim work. I've only shot a couple hundred 18 guage brad nails,
but I understand how the stuff works. The funny thing is that you don't
need to use a nail gun even once to read the manual and know that your
advice is incorrect and dangerous.

I was not intending to be sarcastic, I truely thought that you were a novice
with a nail gun as I still believe that you have the warning mixed up with
the sugestion that I made. Sorry.

I'm not suggesting that anyone try to bump-fire to toe-nail. See my
post below, where I said "With a bump-fire gun," which is talking about
the gun's trigger configuration, not it's usage.

All 3 of my guns will bump fire and in 16 years of using them I have only
had an unexpected double fire once or twice. If I gingerly hold the nail
gun when pressing the safety in and pull the trigger the recoil will push
the gun back and then the gun goes back down and fires again. If I hold the
gun down the gun WILL NOT fire again untill I lift the gun enough to let the
safety come back out. Holding the trigger and keeping the safety depressed
into the wood will not shoot another nail on a gun that is operating
properly.

You are absolutely wrong, from a safety standpoint, with respect to
fighting the gun's recoil. That is dangerous, and if you have a
bump-fire trigger, you're going to double fire much more often when
fighting recoil.

I have never ever experienced that condition. Again the only time I have
had a double fire is then I let the gun bounce back.

Fighting the recoil will certainly drive the nail deeper, but that's
not my point. The point is to get the nail into the wood, and to
prevent nails from getting into your body. I'm not trying to attack
you, but your post condones dangerous behavior, so I want to correct it
for a new user of nail guns. Nail guns are extremely dangerous tools,
and ignoring the manufacturer's safety warnings is, well, ignorant.

I think one of us is seriously misunderstanding what the other is
describing.