foggytown

LP wrote:
On 8 Feb 2005 09:54:51 -0800, wrote:

I would like to know how to setup a Senco brad nailer in order to

use
it to toe-nail two pieces of woods together.

I have seen Norman using his brad nailer to toe-nail woods together

in
his New Yankee Workshop TV show many many times. I thought this must

be
very easy to do. But when I tried doing this, I found that the nail
head always sticking out. I have adjusted the nail head depth to as
deep as I can; but I still get at least 1/8" nail head sticking out.

What have I done wrong? Does this have something with the air

pressure
of the compressor? I simply leave the air pressure to the original
setting, and I am not sure if I have the option to adjust it either.
The air compressor and the nailer are both Senco and come in a kit.

The
air compressor is an one-hot-dog style and is very quiet.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Jay Chan

Low pressure can cause this but in your case, I doubt that's it.

When
you angle the nailer like that the head isnt contacting the nailed
surface and IME this always results in the nail heads being proud.
The simple fix is a nail set and a hammer, drive the heads on down.

But he doesn't want to drive the heads down because the brads are only
in there " . . . until the glue sets." You would leave holes like
divots trying to remove them.

FoggyTown