Leon

wrote in message
oups.com...
I would like to know how to setup a Senco brad nailer in order to use
it to toe-nail two pieces of woods together.

I have seen Norman using his brad nailer to toe-nail woods together in
his New Yankee Workshop TV show many many times.

If you have and if the show was broadcast in HD you might see the brad head
sticking out. Also, in many cases what you think you see is not really what
you see. His gun may not have brads in it at all and he is simply
demonstrating what can be done.

I thought this must be
very easy to do. But when I tried doing this, I found that the nail
head always sticking out. I have adjusted the nail head depth to as
deep as I can; but I still get at least 1/8" nail head sticking out.

What have I done wrong? Does this have something with the air pressure
of the compressor? I simply leave the air pressure to the original
setting, and I am not sure if I have the option to adjust it either.
The air compressor and the nailer are both Senco and come in a kit. The
air compressor is an one-hot-dog style and is very quiet.

Typically a nail gun will not shoot a nail much more than 1/8" past the end
of the gun tip. If the center of the tip of the gun is farther away you may
never sink a nail all the way. Also if you let the gun recoil the nail will
not go in all the way. IIRC you need 90 lbs or more to fully sink a nail on
most all woods.