Bernd

I've uploade a few more pics for those that want to see how far I've
gotten and what it looks like at this point in the project.

http://kingstonemodeleng.com/vw/frame1.jpg

This picture shows the frame all welded up and the tranny with shift, by
the way it'll be a four speed, mechanism setting on the frame. The frame
is 7 feet long and about 30" wide.

http://kingstonemodeleng.com/vw/tranny1.jpg

This is a closer veiw of a 4 forward and one reverse speed aluminum VW
transmision. From lower rigth to upper left is as follows: bell housing,
differential, trannsmision, shift linkage. The drive from the tranny is
through two sets of constant velocity joints, one on the tranny and one
on the wishbone trailing arm holding the rear drive wheel.

http://kingstonemodeleng.com/vw/tranny2.jpg

Here's a closer view of the transfer part of the case. The constant
velocity joint is bolted to this part with 6 bolts. I plan on makeing
somethign out of round stock to were I can wweld a small sproket and
bolt to the drive axle, just like the original velocity joint.

I hope I've cleared up some questions on my project as to what it looks
like and why I'm doing the things I am. I have 4 front wheel drive VW's
setting around and a Beetle chassi that was once used for a dunebuggy I
had. So I'm using the parts from these to build the snowblower vehicle.

Bernd