Bernd

"Leo Lichtman" wrote in message

However, remember that a motorcycle develops full power at around 100
mph, while a snow blower goes, maybe, 3-4 mph. If you really need 50
HP at that low speed, the chain tension will be about 25 to 30 times
as high. However, I am not clear on the concept. Isn't most of the
power going to be used to throw the snow? How much will actually be
used to drive the wheels, and how are you planning to divide it?

The engine that I'm using, a 4 cylinder opposed VW air-cooled engine,
happens to be around 50hp. Remember I said I'm using the stuff I have
laying around. I'm just going to try to put it all together in a
project. So with that said the engine will drive the vehicle and a
separate engine, 10 to 15 hp will drive a detachable snowblower. I'm
going to upload a few more pictures to make it clearer as to what it
will look like.

Bernd