Art

Probably a smoke generative hazard, Eh, Bloke the flippin thing is bloody
broke, Eh. Time to consider 1: Replace or 2: repair?? Either one is
definately up to you at this point.
"John Hutchison" wrote in message
.. .

"dejola" wrote in message
lkaboutelectronicequipment.com...
This evening we were weatching TV on my 1998 vintage JVC AV36950 36" TV
when the screen went black. The red power light started blinking on and
off, and we could hear the sound snap, snap, snap, snap, etc. Also smell
slight odor of hot or burned plastic.

Unplugged set. Plugged it in again.

Why would you plug it back in again after the slight odor of hot or burned
plastic.
Take it to a repair shop for an inteligent estimate of costs to repair.

kip

Again blinking red power light and
snap, snap, snap sound.

Anybody care to hazard a guess about what's wrong?
Can I fix it myself?

Thanks.