PAUL100

Subject: Remodeling bathroom, which order to install things?
From: "Miki"
Date: 1/21/2005 1:43 A.M. Eastern Standard Time

I have torn my bathroom down to the joists and subfloor. Which order
is SOP for installing tub, tile walls and tile floor?

I'd like to do the tile wall first, but something tells me that the tub
should go in prior so I can install the wall backerboard and tile so it
doesn't rest on the edge of the tub.
Any advice would be hugely appreciated.

First you should do all your rough ins ( electric, plumbing and ventalation).
Then install your tub, flooloed by tile backer board on the floor and walls.
Dont forget that most backer boards require some sort or water proof membrane
behind the board if it is used in an area that will be subjecyt to a lot of
water. Seal all joints as per manufatures instructions. Then I usually do the
floor tile first, then the walls. If you are going to install any thing on
the walls like grab bars or towel holders dont forget to add blocking before
the backer board goes up. I hope this helps you.