waltermelon

Default Water dripping sound when faucets are used

Hello
When we use any of the faucets in the house.. kitchen or bathroom.. we
hear a dripping noise. We think this could be from behind the walls..
but it sounds like it could be from the attic or the roof also... Its
hard to pinpoint it.
So I open a faucet, close it and then the dripping noise continues for
a couple of minutes and then stops
And usually, if the taps are being turned on and off quite frequently,
when I'm cooking for instance, the dripping sound appears only towards
the beginning.. when I first open the faucets and start using the
water.
Is there something I can look for specifically? How can I track down
where the sound is coming from?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch.