Chuck Hoffman

Perhaps you're talking about an air pistol target box?

I don't know of a box that size approved for any type of smokeless or black
powder firearm. Most firing ranges have, IIRC, a 1/4" hardened sheet steel
deflection plate that is oriented at about 45 degrees from the line of fire
and directs the projectiles downward into a bullet trap. Along with that,
they have steel baffles on the ceilings and sidewalls and separating the
booths to keep any errant rounds directed downrange.

Most of them are limited to pistols...although some permit .22 rifles, too.

"Frank S." wrote in message
. ..
I have been searching, and haven't found any plans for Pistol boxes.
This type of box is about 18" tall, about 18" wide and about 12" deep.
the front opens "up" and is sloped. I have seen some for sale but no

plans
Anyone have or know of plans for such a box?

Thanks
Frank
items4sale at bellsouth dot net