Mark Barrett

JeffJefferies wrote:
I want to install a floor drain in my basement and was wondering. Because
it would be no more than a 12x12 cut out can I just get a special blade and
use my circular saw? I don't want to trash the saw but if it is really not
a big deal I would rather use my saw then rent a pro one.

I recently moved a drain in my basement over 18". This involved cutting
a slot about 6" wide in the 4" thick basement concrete slab. Using a 4"
cold chisel allows scoring of the concrete to get a relatively clean line.
The concrete is then broken up using a small sledge hammer. Using a saw
at about a 1/2" depth might give similar results with a very clean edge.
There is no need to rent a jack hammer for such a small job.
Mark