John Kunkel

"DanG" wrote in message
news:HE1Fd.16952$4h.6739@okepread03...
Stoddard solvent is the official name. It smells, feels, and acts just
like mineral spirits paint thinner to me.

Pay a visit to your local petroleum distributor and you'll likely see a huge
tank labeled mineral spirits. From this one tank they will fill drums
labeled mineral spirits, paint thinner, solvent.

"carl mciver" wrote in message
ink.net...
I use paint thinner. Cheap, and started using this after asking the
same question as you did of another group.

"Grant Erwin" wrote in message
| I have a Graymills drum-mounted parts washer. Last time it needed
solvent
| I plunked down something like $75 for 10 gallons of Super Agitene at
Grainger.