Harold & Susan Vordos

"DanG" wrote in message
news:HE1Fd.16952$4h.6739@okepread03...
Stoddard solvent is the official name. It smells, feels, and acts
just like mineral spirits paint thinner to me.

Yep! That's exactly what the "big boys" use, assuming they're using a
hydrocarbon solvent. Anyone notice one thing about the name? Solvent?
It truly is one, not a thin oil. If you let parts drip dry, they are free
of oil, assuming your final wash is with oil free solvent. I *never*
use anything aside from mineral spirits or Stoddard for cleaning. The use
of kerosene or diesel makes no sense. Neither of them are intended to be
used as a solvent, nor do they clean as well as solvents do. Further, can't
stand the smell. Stoddard or mineral spirits are each much easier on the
nose. In the end, if you have no way to dispose of them when they're fully
contaminated, all you have to do is set them outdoors and allow the solvent
to evaporate. Leaves you with very little sludge to dispose of.

Does anyone need to say anything about *not* using gasoline? Great way
to reduce the family gene pool..

Harold