Cicero

"simon beer" wrote in message
Any one seen or bought the mitre saw stand in B&Q. popped into my nearest

1
in Exeter on Saturday and saw this stand there. It looked totally
adjustable, was on wheels had work supports to the left and right and was
collapsible for transportation. Looked just the ticket for £29.99. If

anyone
tried it, what's it like in use? Is it stable enough with the saw on it?
Thanks

--

take off your trousers to e-mail me

====================
I saw one this afternoon and I was quite impressed on the whole. It's
obviously a variation on the cheap and simple folding work benches that are
available everywhere. I gave it a good shake to see how it felt and it seems
quite firm. The only real problem appears to be the height adjustment which
could make the top a bit wobbly with hard use. Bearing in mind the type of
saw you're using it could be dangerous if it slipped down in use. It's
probably good value for money if you're a light user but it might not stand
up to professional use.

Did you see the other bench at B&Q at about £60-00 which is a much sturdier
bench and appears to be much better value but not so portable?

Cic.