David Hall

How does the new line of Rocklers Sure Foot Bar Clamps

http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product..._id=10819&obje

ctgroup_id=436&catid=54&filter=clamps
compare to the Bessey or Jorgensen equivalent.

One definite advantage that I see is the ability to extend the length
easily.

However I also know that the Besseys are considered the best (and that
Lee Valley has them on sale). Does anyone have personal experience
with the Rocklers?
Thanks in advance.

If you are asking to compare these aluminum bar clamps to a Bessey parrellel
clamp (which I believe are the ones on sale at Lee Valley), THERE IS NO
COMPARISION!!!!!!!!!!! The Besseys, as well as the Jorgenson's are far superior
to any simple bar clamp and even more to an aluminium shallow reach bar clamp
such as these. I do not see any advantage to these bar clamps and a pipe clamp.
In fact, these Sure Foot bar clamps look exactly like the Rockler Sure Foot
pipe clamps (except the obvious use of a pipe instead of the aluminum bar). If
you are looking for parallel clamps the Lee Valley sale seems pretty decent. If
you are looking for basic shallow reach bar clamps like these, get some HF 3/4"
pipe clamps and some black pipe. All just my opinion, obviously.

Dave Hall