Bradley1234

"Sam Goldwasser" wrote in message
"Bradley1234" writes:

"klasspappa[remove]" wrote in message
A diod is a diod, not a resistor.
See it as a current source, and put it into a opamp to form a current

voltage converter...

A diode is a variable resistor.

the circuit reacts around the depletion region to increase or decrease

it.
When the p type and n type silicon meet, the charges mix to form a

neutral
region which is resistive. if the applied electricity is on one side it
makes that neutral region expand out, if its the other way the neutral
region is compressed

Not really.

Then please to explain me how silicon diodes work? All this time I thought
it was the depletion region but its something else?

If my simplified explanation of the solid state physics involved in PN
junctions is incorrect Im grateful to learn where Im wrong.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror:

http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/
+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:

http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/lasersam.htm
| Mirror Sites:

http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/REPAIR/F_mirror.html

Note: These links are hopefully temporary until we can sort out the

excessive
traffic on Repairfaq.org.

Important: Anything sent to the email address in the message header above

is