Mike Harrison

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 18:40:30 GMT, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Hi,

I'm not personally involved with this problem so supplying more
information will be difficult...

A permanently installed flue gas instrument (LED display) measuring CO2
levels indicates 20% with no combustion gases passing up the flue. With
the burner system in operation this level declines to an indicated 9%.

My immediate response is that the meter is obviously working the wrong
way, if CO2 levels go down with combustion. The instrument is suggested
to be clearly marked that it reads 'CO2'.

What is the normal level of C02 in the atmosphere as a percentage and
will the instrument be designed to detect the additional amount of CO2
(above the atmospheric normal), or to measure the overall level?

--

Sounds like a dodgy meter -
http://royal.okanagan.bc.ca/mpidwirn...ndclimate.html

Says Co2 is normally 0.036% of atmosphere.