Owain

"PG" wrote
| I am the freeholder of a house comprised of two flats. It's been
| that way for many years. The two flats share the same mains
| supplies (gas, electric and water), and each tenant pays for
| power via coin meters.
| I now want the tenants to pay their own utility bills - since I
| don't want to have to empty coin meters any more. To enable this,
| I'll need to have an additional gas mains supply (and meter) and
| an additional electric mains supply (and meter) installed by the
| supply companies
| Do I have to ask the council before I do this?

I can't see why. I presume the flats are recognised as separate dwellings in
the deeds and for council tax valuations i.e. this is not an unofficial
conversion.

The elec co (I don't know about the gas) may want to see an electrical
Certificate for the installation before connecting meter tails to anything.

Owain