Dave Jones

"PG" wrote in message

I am the freeholder of a house comprised of two flats. It's been that
way for many years. The two flats share the same mains supplies (gas,
electric and water), and each tenant pays for power via coin meters.

I now want the tenants to pay their own utility bills - since I don't
want to have to empty coin meters any more. To enable this, I'll need
to have an additional gas mains supply (and meter) and an additional
electric mains supply (and meter) installed by the supply companies

Do I have to ask the council before I do this?

Thanks for any info

PG

Might be cheaper to just add and agreed amount to their monthly rent, and
put a lock on the boiler cupboard and set the heating to suit yourself.