Glenn Ashmore

I tried building a stainless QFH antenna to pick up weather satellites but
the resistance is so much higher than copper that it turned out way off the
target 137 Mhz. I ended up with 1/4" hard wall ACR copper and nickle plated
it. If you want to try stainless McMaster has 50' rolls of 304 stainless
tube that bends pretty well.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

wrote in message
oups.com...
I am wanting to get into amateur radio antenna building most plans for
a j pole antenna I have seen use 1/2 inch coper tubing. I was wondering
if I could use stainless steel to make it rust proof. Any ideas where
one could cheaply get small diameter stainless stell tubing?
Any of you out there work with amateure radio antennas?