johnny rotten

For me they're far too expensive for what they are. I can put a razors edge
on any chisel that may not last quite as long, but long enough. And too
limited in sizes, I can only imagine what the 1" or bigger will cost. The
first time I handled the LN chisels, my first thought was how cute and
dainty - wouldn't want to find out the hard way they can't take a hit.
Their new (unreleased when I saw them) mortice chisels have the same
extremely light handle. Mentioned my concern to the LN Rep here in Canada -
he said (with an arrogant tone) I obviously didn't know how to sharpen a
chisel. He obviously doesn't know what's going on when someone drives even
a sharp mortice chisel into hard wood. I like chisels that are more robust
with handles that fit my hands better. If you want a specialized chisel for
light hand work and have lots of money to spend go for it.

wrote in message
ups.com...
Looking to purchase a set but have not seen anything written up about
them.
Has anyone purchased them? How are they

Thanks

Jim