Noozer

"Finite Guy" wrote in message
Hi All: I couldn't find and appropriate newsgroup for this post so I
thought I'd try this one. Besides, if I don't solve this problem, I
will be needing a home repair.

We cut a fress Christmas tree a couple of weeks ago at a local tree
farm; it is a Balsam Fir. Since this tree was huge, by the time I set
it up, I ended up cutting about one foot off the bottom and 6 inches
from the top. The important thing is that it was a fresh cut just
before I put up the tree and filled the tree holder pan with water.

This tree will not drink water. Is it becasue it is a fresh tree and
doesn't need it?

Any suggestions on what I should do?

You cut the top and bottom? Try using it like a straw! : )

I like the drill a couple holes in the base...

Is the cut end of the tree sitting against the bottom of the pan? This might
be "sealing" out the water. Drilling holes will make sure the water can get
into the tree.