Bob K 207

it. The vise is missing the "do-hickeys" that lock it into place.
When you try to use it, the vise wiggles and turns. How can I find
replacement "do-hickeys" or create a workaround to lock the vise in place

Using a carriage bolt is a way to fix it, not the name of the system to lock
the vise.

Is there a thread sticking up through the base of the vise?

Depending on the design of the vise the rotation lock can have a nut on the
outside of the vise or a bolt that reaches through the base of the vise &
engages a captive nut inside the base of the vise.

Take the vise off the bench & look it over, I doubt if all the parts are
missing.

If all else fails tell your wife it cannot be fixed (send it to me, I'll pay
for shipping)

cheers
Bob