John

"technics100" wrote in message

Hi

The sequential control is indeed a Sartronic 830, I dont know where the
burner is, The oil pump is Danfoss Type BFP 11LS, the motor is bentone
with a box above it which is Danfoss Type EBI.

The EB1 electronic ignition generator could be a prime suspect especially
with thermal effects being suspected. Since you said in an earlier post the
oil pump was new this should be out of the loop for tracking this fault.
Presumably the motor capacitor is integral with the motor but if not this is
another possible option especially if you can watch the unit for some time
and maybe catch it being sluggish to start the motor spinning.

Where is the oil filter and how do I check it? also how do I check for
contanination in the oil? Where is the solenoid?

The solenoid is the bit with the flex connected to it on the oil pump
discharge. The oil filter is usually on the outlet from the oil tank but
sometimes inside the house or boiler casing. To carry out a basic check on
the fuel system try shutting the oil supply valve, disconnect the oil pipe
from the pump, put the end into a clear (clean) bottle at least 2 litres,
turn on the oil and run about 1.5 litres of oil in to check that it flows
freely and fast enough to satisfy a usage rate of about 5 or 6 litres per
hour for every 1000 BTU of boiler rating.
Turn off and restore the connections.
Allow the sample in the bottle to stand and look to see if you can see any
water lying in the bottom of the bottle (under the fuel) or any debris of
any kind. Then dip a small piece of rag into the liquied, take it outside
and light it in a safe place. If it burns easily you should be ok on that
front.

sorry about all the questions but I am new to this.

cheers for your help

--
technics100