Chris Perdue

From: Greg G

Is there
any way to undo the damage, i.e. UN-swell it? Failing that, can I
"seal" it somehow so it doesn't get worse? It's not that noticeable
yet, so if I could seal it and color in the slight split to nearly
match the formica I think it might be OK.

you won't "unswell" the wood, and itis actually quite common for a fabricated
top(custom edging) to "separate" a bit ...(they are affected by
humidity)....either go to the shop that fabricated the top or find your local
"laminate and plastics" supply house and buy some "seamfill"...it is colored
paste type material that dries like plastic...it is what laminate manufacturers
reccommend for sealing seams....