Andy Hall

Default Covering worktop with Fablon

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 20:16:54 +0000, PoP wrote:

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 17:50:20 +0000, Andy Hall
wrote:

A good trimming method is a router with trimming cutter - i.e. ball
race on the bottom.

Back in the 60's when the design objectives for B&Q hadn't yet taken
shape in the scrotum of its originator routers weren't exactly the
routine tool a DIYer acquired.

That seminal moment had not taken place.

A simple electric drill and sander was
about it. I just have this vision of Dad doing the formica by scribing
and snapping - but I'm still not sure if this is right!

That was how it was done and it's still effective. The other tool
was something like a Surform to clean up the edges.

PoP

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl