dmc

Default Covering worktop with Fablon

In article ,
Rachel wrote:

My question is : Has anyone had any experience of covering the
existing worktops using FABLON ?

As in the sticky back plastic stuff? Can't see that lasting long
at all if I'm thinking of the right stuff.

A friend when presented with a similar problem fitted a thin hardwood
strip along the front of the worktop to square it off and tiled onto
the worktop with cheap white tiles (the type that are 3 quid per acre
in Wickes etc). Looked surprisingly good and lasted several years. I seem
to remember him using some special grout that didn't get so dirty though -
I'm sure others on here could advise.

Tiled worktops can be a bit of a nightmare but if the one you have is
really that bad it maybe worth a try. Certainly I would have thought
it would be better than sticky back plastic (if fablon isn't sticky
back plastic then ignore me :-))!

Darren