Greg O

"Seamus" wrote in message
om...

But first, I have to get the styrofoam out. I suspect a shop-vac
would work well for this. However, its difficult to pull a shop-vac
around a cramped attic, and the size of the bucket is a limitation.

Is it possible to rent something that is essentially a large shop-vac
with a really long hose, and can have its output put into a set of
large trash bins/bags?

Is there a better way to approach this? Are my fears of poison gas in
a fire actually unwaranted (e.g. should I just put more insulation on
top of the sytrofoam?).

Any pointers would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

-- Seamus

As for removal, call around to the commercial insulators in your area, most
remove as well as install. It may not be worth your time and effort to do it
yourself!
I need to add some insulation to my attic. I want to go with blown in
fiberglass. I can get get a insulation contrator it blown in for less money
than I can buy it!
Greg