Ahernwill

After more research I found the CBX system from Canada to have better
accuracy, more functions and easier mounting for near the same price- 549.00
2 axis, 749.99 for 3 axis
www.startechno.com

That looks like the Chinese made unite from SD ZIMA- uses the scales from
digital calipers which can be ordered in either horizontal or vertical
display or with the remote display-

Measurement system used in these scales and digital calipers are the same!
Display bodies and travel beams are different in design and manufactured
exactly for this product. X-axis scale beam is about an 11/8" wide and a
1/4" thick Z-axis beam is 7/8th" wide and 3/16" thick both hardened
Stainless Steel. I am not familiar with SD ZIMA!

Wholesale Tool offers this system as well- They do not sell a similar

unit!
They do sell scales manufactured in China Wholesale Tool price for 3
similar appearing and length scales $363.00. They do not list a 20" scale
only a 24" horizontal I charge $25.00 extra for the increased length.

They
do sell a 3-axis display unit which will only work with Mitutoyo's

Digimatic
Scales and none that work with a 4 prong SPC port.

Problems with batteries in scales and poor cabling connections have

plagued
these units! One of the upgrades added to my system is Lithium batteries
they have a 3 year plus life span with continuous operation, Cabling
connections have not proved to be a problem with these units.

Installation
guide covers cable running and tying there have been no reported problems!

As well as low resolution- One of the areas I am fanatical on is scale
resolution. DRO system is of little value without consistent accuracy.
Part of the guarantee/warrantee is scale accuracy! It took samples from
several manufactures before I found one who supplied what I demanded for
repeatable accuracy. Where problems occur is these instruments all appear
the same with many sellers of factory seconds. I only buy or sell Factory
first quality and check a percentage of each shipment for accuracy and
repeatable accuracy.

Scales are highly sensitive to liquids, so are not good on the tables

where
flood coolants are used- Scales have integrated wipers and use of flood
coolant is not recommended with out covering display body. System works
well with misting systems no problems reported!

LCD display was not bright- Which is true, they do have great contrast and
are easier on the eyes in long term use. I would not recommend a LCD
display for use in a poorly lighted shop.

Point of this product is to provide an option for homeshop and small shop
users. DRO systems in general are priced out of practical reach for many
users. Or if they do spend the money they quickly find a mill/drilll
problematic to install a DRO system on! Installations times of 30 to 40
hours are not unusual and many have been unable to ever get a correctly
working Z-axis.

This system provides excellent accuracy along with installation design and
support. If you read my EBay feedback you will find buyers agree with

that
statement!

Ken

Kenneth A. Emmert