John

"J.Caldwell" wrote in message ...
Never heard of it! But of course at my age, anything greater than 2K hertz
trails off very rapidly. Modern day refrigerators don't make much noise. The
compressors are dampened.

"Emilia's Human" wrote in message
om...
Does anyone have an opinion of whether a refrigerator with exposed
coils on the back or enclosed coils underneath is quieter? And
whether this affects the high-pitched noise?

I bought some 31 dB noise reduction ear muffs, but this is not the
best solution.

Thank you.

A refrigerator with a static cooled condenser coil (one up the back)
will use the same compressor as a fan cooled model. However you could
insulate the compressor area with home insulation on this style plus
the compressor is in the rear not underneath.
John