willshak

On 11/22/2004 6:51 AM US(ET), Nick Hull took fingers to keys, and typed
the following:

In article ,
wrote:

I'm connecting a woodstove to a DuraVent triple-wall chimney using the
double wall duravent pipe from the stove to the thimble in the ceiling.

But nothing in the instruct, pictures, etc makes any mention 9of
where/how to install a flue damper in this pipe. You know ... the
handle on the pipe you turn to control the draft through the chimney.
Do I just drill it like normal single wall pipe? Is there some sort of
adaptor section for this? Of course the dealer I bought it from is
closed on Sundays :/
Thanks
Eric

Why are you using insulated pipe between the stove & ceiling when you
can get lots of free heat from an uninsulated single wall section?

Probably because it is required by code in many jurisdictions.