John A. Weeks III

In article , Rich Greenberg
wrote:

In article ,
pc macdonald wrote:
I've a vintage Emerson-Pryne exhaust fan in my mid 60's tract home
bath. The bearings are shot on the motor, and it looks like Emerson
sold off Pryne.

No model number. It is an early 60's vintage. Induction motor above
cross brace and below a 3 bladed aluminium fan around 6.6" in
diameter. Fits right into the duct.

Pull out the motor and fan (if not already). Measure diameter of shaft,
shop around for a current unit that you can pull the motor out of which
has the same diameter shaft and that you can rig the motor mounts to
work. You may be able to pull the motor mount brackets out of the new
one and fit them into the old one.

Sometimes the motor itself will have some numbers on it. If so,
type them into google and see what comes up. I have an air
purifier where the motor wore out, and I found one on-line this
way for a resonable price.

-john-

John A. Weeks III 952-432-2708
Newave Communications