Steve

Default Fixing Celotex to walls

Stephen Gilkes wrote:
Hi there

Just about to start insulating my single-skin brick shed with Celotex and
have got a couple of questions:

The Celotex will be fitted to the wall by fixing battens over the Celotex
and then fixed to the wall. What is the best way to attach the battens to
the wall? Should I use screws or masonry nails? If using screws, I need to
put rawl plugs into the brick. What's the best and quickest way to do this?
If I pre-drill all the holes in the brickwork, how can I be sure to line up
the batten with the holes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Am a total newbie to this kind of
thing.

Stephen

There are some nice "knock-in" fastners from Rawlplug et al. Just drill
through the batten, into the wall and then NAIL the batten on. The
"nail" is a screw like thingy which can be tightened further once it is
on the wall. Very quick and also very strong.

Don't forget the sealing tape stuff too.,

Steve