Gary R. Lloyd

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 12:05:33 -0500, Albert wrote:

We just measured the temperature in our freezer and noticed it was
running at 5 below zero (-5F). It is running alot and this prompted us
to check the inside temperature.

What temperature should we set it to??? It seems that -5 is colder
than it needs to be and that we'd save on electric and wear and tear
if we allowed it to run a little warmer. But, how warm is too warm?

Thanks,

-5F sounds good to me.

If it runs more than it should, most likely it needs a good cleaning.
A refrigeration system needs good airflow in order to get rid of its
heat. If it can't get rid of heat, it must run longer and less
efficiently.

Gary R. Lloyd CMS

http://www.techmethod.com