Jerry.

Default Honeywell 3 port mid position valve - problems with...

Anyone know of any issues with Honeywell 3 port mid position valves, i.e.
installation, location or in service problems etc., I've had three or four
go faulty in the last 4 years since the system (and I hasten to add) was
professionally installed and it sounds like I might be approaching another !

It's either been problems with the valve it's self or the motor drive not
operating (opening the required port(s)) and thus causing the boiler to
overheat and cut out due to there being no flow - and causing hot water and
steam to be forced up into the boiler feed / expansion tank :~(