Mal

Default Cold Water Tank Valve

I wish my problem with the overflow was just about it being too low. My
problem with the overflow is that the knucklehead who installed it didn't
weld the joints together (and it runs uphill!)

That's how I found out my valve didn't shut off properly - when I came back
from a two week holiday I found my brand new bathroom ceiling stained brown,
and water dripping out of the overflow pipe joints :-(

"Set Square" wrote in message
Mal wrote:

I need to replace the inlet valve on the cold water tank in the roof
(it's leaking, and I want a silent fill design too).

I haven't seen anything specifically made for cold water tanks, so do
I use the same valve as in a toilet cistern?

Mal

You can use a standard ball valve, such as Screwfix D14542.

If you want a silent fill, you could use a Torbeck valve such as Screwfix
D14716. This provides full flow until virtually the last minute when the
required level is obtained - and discharges via a flexible plastic tube

with
extends below the water level. Be aware though that this type of valve
provides a lot less adjustment of water level than is possible by bending
the arm of a conventional ball valve. This could be a problem if the
overflow pipe is a bit low - because the Torbeck may not be able to shut

off
before the overflow level is reached.
--
Cheers,