Set Square

Default Cold Water Tank Valve

Mal wrote:

I need to replace the inlet valve on the cold water tank in the roof
(it's leaking, and I want a silent fill design too).

I haven't seen anything specifically made for cold water tanks, so do
I use the same valve as in a toilet cistern?

Mal

You can use a standard ball valve, such as Screwfix D14542.

If you want a silent fill, you could use a Torbeck valve such as Screwfix
D14716. This provides full flow until virtually the last minute when the
required level is obtained - and discharges via a flexible plastic tube with
extends below the water level. Be aware though that this type of valve
provides a lot less adjustment of water level than is possible by bending
the arm of a conventional ball valve. This could be a problem if the
overflow pipe is a bit low - because the Torbeck may not be able to shut off
before the overflow level is reached.
--
Cheers,
Set Square