Jim Behning

http://www.epa.gov/iaq/voc.html
Google is your friend. www.google.com

Geroge Barns wrote:

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 02:34:42 GMT, "Dan White" wrote:

Have you try Minwax waterbase polyurethane, are they water resistance (ie, water
resistance, after it dry)?

I check HD today they have Minwax for outdoor, can you comment that too?
By the way what is VOCs?

"Gary DeWitt" wrote in message
.com...

Dan White: I've read that finish manufacturers have reduced VOCs as
ordered by the feds, and in order to comply, must label the can not to
thin, since that would raise the VOCs and therefore, supposedly, air
pollution.

Thanks, Gary. I have to get started on my own poly project. I'm starting
with the oil based Minwax though. I've got hard maple butcher block and am
going to try some linseed oil at first, followed by maybe 3 coats of thinned
gloss poly, finishing with a coat of maybe slightly thinned satin poly.

dwhite