Gary DeWitt

"Slowhand" I'm@work wrote in message ...
"Geroge Barns" wrote in message

I tried to thin Minwax's Polyurethane with minerals spirit or paint
thinner and
I get congeal mixtures???

How do you thin Minwax Polyurethane? Thanks

What used to be my favorite mix (until I started using Waterlox) 1/3 minwax
poly, 1/3 mineral spirits, 1/3 watco oil. If you are just going to thin to
a wipeable consistancy, only go about 30% on the mineral spirits.
Otherwise, you will need to use alot of coats to build up the material. Or
get smart and use Waterlox like I do g
SH

What is it you like about Waterlox? I've heard good things about it,
but would value your opinion.

Dan White: I've read that finish manufacturers have reduced VOCs as
ordered by the feds, and in order to comply, must label the can not to
thin, since that would raise the VOCs and therefore, supposedly, air
pollution.