Tim Douglass

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 21:37:58 -0500, Geroge Barns
wrote:

I tried to thin Minwax's Polyurethane with minerals spirit or paint thinner and
I get congeal mixtures???

Did you get a can of water based poly? That is what the reaction
sounds like. I don't know if Minwax makes water base, but...

How do you thin Minwax Polyurethane? Thanks

Mineral spirits should be the preferred option. I can't recall how
much you can thin it. The ratio is probably listed on the can. That
being said, I've thinned poly by 50% or more to get a mixture that
will soak deep into the wood. It works very well for hardening pine
desktops.

Tim Douglass

http://www.DouglassClan.com