Joseph Meehan

sx460 wrote:
Hello guys,

I'm planning on rerunning the duct work in my house and replacing the
furnace. My question for you is: how many BTU furnace should I buy?

I live in Iowa where it can get VERY cold, and for days on end. We've just
reinsulated the exterior walls with R13 fiberglass insulation (best you
can
get for 4" studs). Also, replaced all sheathing, wrapped the house, and
installed vinyl siding. Livable above ground area is 1,000 sq. ft. The
house
is also two story. Basement area is ~450 sq. ft. We haven't installed the
insulation in the attic yet, but it will most likely be in that 40-50 R
value range.

Thanks!

There is only one way of determining what you need. That means having
someone come in who can take the measurements and do the calculations using
the right formula. They also will need to determine if the duct work you
have is proper, another calculation using a standard formula. The only way
to get around this is to find a home "exactly" like yours that someone
already did the calculation for.

In short call in the pro and make sure they are doing "Manual"
calculations.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math