Ian Stirling

Richard wrote:

tony sayer wrote:

BTW whilst on the subject is there an industry standard from the floor
to the top of the work top or not?.

Yes there is and, if my experience is anything to go by, it is set so
that Osteopaths/Chiropractors and the like are kept in regular
employment, i.e. too low! My existing kitchen surfaces are an
excrutiating 900 mm high, the replacement will be 950 mm high. If you
are installing, or having installed, a kitchen get it put in at a height
that suits you, not the installer/supplier!

snip
Getting off hobby horse now. Sorry but appropriate height of work
surfaces gets me really worked up.

It's your own damn fault.
Most sane people do not use worktops when mounted