Richard

tony sayer wrote:

BTW whilst on the subject is there an industry standard from the floor
to the top of the work top or not?.

Yes there is and, if my experience is anything to go by, it is set so
that Osteopaths/Chiropractors and the like are kept in regular
employment, i.e. too low! My existing kitchen surfaces are an
excrutiating 900 mm high, the replacement will be 950 mm high. If you
are installing, or having installed, a kitchen get it put in at a height
that suits you, not the installer/supplier!

I judge the best height by standing at a working distance from the edge
of the surface and, without leaning forward, seeing how far towards the
rear edge I can place my hand flat on the surface. If I reach about 70%
towards the back I reckon that's a good compromise in terms of height at
the front edge and height at the rear. Over the years I have come to
the conclusion that stuff clutters work surfaces if you can't easily
reach all or most of the surface without straining your back. Another
consideration is that of sink height; don't forget that the part of the
sink which will have most impact on your back is the base, not the top lip.

Getting off hobby horse now. Sorry but appropriate height of work
surfaces gets me really worked up.

Richard

--
Real email address is RJS at BIGFOOT dot COM

The information contained in this post
may not be published in, or used by

http://www.diyprojects.info