Zetor

Default Plastic Pipes in central heating

Hi,
I just had a new combi boiler fitted by 2 extremley efficient gas
fitters, they did a really good tidy job, on talking to them about the
use of plastic pipes I ask why they still use copper, they said that
they still use copper for the central heating pipes as it is far
better then plastic as they didn't believe plastic was as air tight as
a good soldered joint. They had even replaced boilers of only 2 years
old which had corroded due to poor installtion and extensive use of
plastic pipes. Does anyone know what conditions air could get into a
sealed system like me combi? I have one radiator which is plumbed in
plastic and now wonder if I should maybe get it piped in copper.

Zetor